Movies...My Favorite!

9 days till we leave!!
Okay, so you are probably expecting a post about my favorite movie. If so, you might be sorely disappointed. However, I AM going to talk about movies...only, I want to focus on making them. :)
My friends, Megan and Eli, are some of my closest friends on earth. (I think I've said that before!) The older I get, the more I agree with the above statement. One of our most-loved activities is making movies with the Flip camera that my siblings and I got for Christmas. I don't mean to brag, but they are normally pretty funny. The best part of making a Johnsilko Productions movie (we got fancy, okay?) is the randomness. We NEVER script them...and Eli is really bad about not staying in character. While it is irritating at the time, I ALWAYS laugh at the results.

For example, one time Michael and Eli decided to be bear hunters who weren't very bright. (they were doing this when I turned on the Flip) They named themselves Fred and Phillip, and Fred's (Michael) single desire in life is to catch or shoot a bear. He doesn't succeed until about the tenth movie with the bear hunters in it. (reminds me of Charlie Brown and the football!) So when Fred is looking for shells to put in his gun, he asks, "Phillip, have you seen the bullets for this thing?" Phillip replies in a dumb, guttural voice, "No, I haven't seen no bullets for the bar (bear)!" Moments later, Eli (not Phillip!) pulls a pair of sunglasses off of his face and says, "You seen any bears, Amos?" in a normal voice. It was so odd, but we laugh every time we watch it.
Most of our movies are about two or three minutes long, but later we often put clips of them together into a movie that is over five minutes long. My favorite thing to do with them (actually, I am working on one now!) is to take clips of things we say and tell a story with it. So you could hear something like, "'It's good, and it's good for you!' 'It's bad guys!' 'But after you do it, you feel good!' 'But nobody believes me when I tell them that! I know! It's--crazy!'" This came from four different videos, three different locations, and two different days. Get the picture? :)
One thing that I don't like is that we only have one camera. We can't splice different angles and shots together. Unfortunately, because none of our videos have a plan or a script, there is usually chaos as three people try to talk at once. Often the funniest parts aren't even caught on tape, OR they are...but you can't see them because the person saying it was off screen. This means you have to listen to it ten times to truly hear every conversation and spoken phrase.
Okay. What is my point in blogging about this? Well, as much as I would love to describe all of our videos, that is just too long and boring! So, my purpose is actually just to remind you that even though I am finishing my Junior Year in high school, I can still play with a ten year old and use my imagination...and have FUN doing it! The best part is that we are using our imaginations.

God has blessed me with best friends who are at least three years younger than me...no matter what, I will have to be a kid with them. That's the way it should be. :))

Comments

Popular Posts