Nerds, Songs, and Blind Cats!

Whoa. That is all I can say about the past month or so. I gave God control of my college worries, and He totally blew me away!
At the beginning of January, I got an email from Graceland (where I take my online classes) saying that I made Dean's List. Yeah, I was excited. :) The very next day, I got a call from Northwestern College in Orange City. They told me that I had been accepted. :) God is so GOT!
On the flip side, the new year has been chaotic. I was sick with a cold and influenza beginning on the 26th of December, and I am only now getting down to occasional cough medicine doses. I am also taking ear infection medicine...which has been interesting. But I will not say why, since it is not really good blogging material unless you enjoy being grossed out. ;)
East of 71 Nerd Support Group <3 <3
On the 8th, we took Marci to KFC for her birthday after church. We discussed (quite loudly, I might add...) how a blind cat would have his guide dog tap Morse code onto his paw since obviously cats and dogs cannot use fingers to sign. We decided that Marci is the superhero, Natalie is the sidekick, and Michael and I are the henchmen. (actually it was Nat's idea...she made us sound very dumb...) I made a very beastly save when I nearly knocked my pop off of the table. I caught it in midair without it making a huge mess on the people at the next table. It merely made the floor a bit sticky. :) We talked about how the Egyptian restaurants fix scrambled brains instead of scrambled eggs, and they serve them to naive tourists. They put money onto the tourist's gift card every time he eats the brains, and they can afford to do it because "only stupid American tourists wouldn't know that it was really brains that he was eating." I laughed harder that day than I ever have in my life. (I actually almost put my back out, I was laughing so hard)
Afterwards, we drove to Kmart and didn't buy anything, but stayed there browsing and making fun of anything we could find. We saw a pinata of a princess...that was bigger than the castle next to it. Oh man. :) We found Star Wars Valentines...and decided that they were the only true cool ones in the world. Overall, our nerd date was fantastic, and we have determined that it needs to happen again soon.
First Acts (left to right) Natalie, Megan, Eli, me, Michael

Since Amanda talked to us about doing something with our musical ability, we have been hard at work! Megan and Eli are awesome and wrote two new songs for us while we were away from each other. On the other side, my siblings and I have been figuring out chords for one of those songs, and I have one song completed that is actually pretty good! A third song is in the making, but I'm not quite happy with it yet and it needs another verse, I think. We even have a name for us now: First Acts. Natalie made a Facebook page for us...hint hint. ;)
Prayer Team met for the first time in over a month last week. It felt so good to be together again...we're always ready for new recruits, but since no one has stepped up, it is still just the eight of us. It is really cool to watch our bond grow as we continue to pray for each other. If you think about it...lift us up in prayer on Wednesday nights. And the youth group as well...we're growing!
My personal prayer life has improved since I last wrote. Having people ask me for prayer or mention in passing that they are struggling always encourages me in my walk. I believe that God has assigned me to be a prayer warrior...and I love it! :)
So overall...my life has been got. My God is got. (and if you don't know the meaning of 'got'...it means 'beyond words'. I can't describe it any other way. Thanks for the word, Gunnar!) Stay in the Word, people! Pray that He will show you what you need to see...open up the Bible, with no expectations, and He will reveal truth. Works every time.


Comments

Popular Posts