Blessings and Reliefs

Almost a month has gone by since I last wrote on here. June 2nd is coming up fast! :)
Several things have been on my mind this week. The first is that I am feeling sooo freakin' blessed right now! Marci graduates in a couple of weeks--I can't tell you how proud I am of her and how strong she has been in the past month and a half. Some tough circumstances have shown us just how lasting our bond is, and just how close we have become. Being able to talk to her about my Tourettes...that means the world. I wrote a her a letter on Wednesday about some struggles I have been dealing with in relation to Tourettes, and to have her look me in the eye and scold me for being afraid that I would bore her...that was awesome. I love you, Marci. :)
God has really been teaching me trust in the past month. I took the ACT a couple of weeks ago, and I had to raise my score one point in order to get a better scholarship from Northwestern. Well, the results came in last night, and I did indeed get a higher score! A humongous weight rolled off my shoulders and I almost cried, I was so relieved! All I could pray was, "Thank You God thank You God thank You God!" over and over. This higher scholarship is such a blessing...wow.
I am really excited about something else that is totally unrelated to any of this as well! :) Back at Christmas, I had talked to one of my mentors about getting together to simply hang out sometime...to soak up some encouragement and memories before college. About a week and a half ago, I was talking to her about something totally unrelated on Facebook, and she brought it up. I had been sure that she'd forgotten--I mean, it had been months since I had spoken about it to her. Not only had she not forgotten, but she had also thought of a workable plan and time for it! Obviously I was pretty pumped...and the closer summer gets, the more happy I am to think about it! :) She's pretty much amazing. :D
So, yeah! My life is going pretty fantastically at the moment. Stay in the Word, pray all the time (if you have a constant conversation with God, it'll be easy to tell Him what you are feeling--and He knows, anyway!;), and trust Him to get you through everything...even the small stuff. :D

Comments

Popular Posts