Almost there...

Well...the day has almost arrived. Family is coming in, cleaning is happening at the highest level, and stress is peaking. You guessed it--graduation. :)
The other night I was writing in my journal, and I noticed that my very first post was on June 2, 2007. My graduation is happening tomorrow, on June 2, 2012. Coincidence? NO WAY! I nearly broke down as I read old entries that led up to this date. Some people can't wait to leave high school behind, and some don't ever want to leave. I am somewhere in between. I cannot wait to go to Northwestern in the fall, but every day I am getting closer to people who are like family to me. Strangely, I am feeling more of a homesickness for those people than even my immediate family.
Lately I have been struggling with mild depression...I have no doubt that Satan is trying to get me down right before the biggest day of my childhood. I've taken it out on others, but mainly it has been a mental and spiritual battle that has been very private and painful. To add to it all, I know that some of my closest friends and one of my mentors can't come tomorrow, and that hurts more than words can express. I understand that sometimes things can't happen the way you want them to, but nonetheless I am disappointed.
On the other side of things, I have some great plans for the summer, and some of them involve people I will not be seeing tomorrow. I realize that I am being quite vague, but I would rather keep it that way until I know for sure that it is happening. ;) I am excited for VBS to happen, plus some other cool stuff this month.
I am so excited to see where God takes me this summer. Something tells me that it will be beyond what I can imagine...and ten times better than even last summer! :) I love You, Lord...

Comments

Popular Posts