Grateful Days

Week Three of classes began today. I'm actually done with classes for the day, and now I am working my shift in the Writing Center. Things have been moving quickly around here, so I'll get right down to business.
With my Responding to Writing class comes a new responsibility: I am now a paid writing tutor in the Peer Learning Center. Unlike last year, people can now come to me for writing help and get credit for it if they are required to have a tutor look over it.This semester will be a valuable learning experience for me, the editor-brain, as I train myself to help rather than fix.
My schedule is just a little bit different every single day of the week (including weekends), which is a new concept for me as well. Thursday is my busiest day and Tuesday is my slowest day--the opposite of last year. I don't mind it, but I have had to adjust and remind myself of times and locations over and over. Brianne and I have figured out when we are both in the dorm, which has been nice. We don't see each other much during the day, unfortunately, but that's to be expected when a Writing major and a Theater major room together! :)
Publishing meets on Thursdays only, giving me much more time to think about editorial stuff before class every week. I have a fantastic staff behind me once again, but this semester is different in that we have more people who are interested in actively writing rather than simply taking the class. I'm encouraged to hear their ideas and I enjoyed our brainstorming session last week. God provides.
Now that I have officially gone all over the place with this post, I would like to mention that I went to Lifelight (sorta) on Saturday and both Michael and I got to see Natalie! She came with our lovely friends, the Vanderholms, and we are very grateful for that. So shout out to Becky for driving her. :) Also, I say "sorta" because I actually went shopping in Sioux Falls with two wonderful wing mates rather than actually hanging out at the festival. We came back that night, during which time Michael and I walked around the merch tables and basically wasted a couple of hours just being together. When Natalie showed up, we spent about an hour together after a rather complicated phone conversation of confusing directions (simply dreadful, I tell you).
The moral of the story is that when Johnson siblings go to music festivals, they really don't listen to any bands. Or rather...when all three of us are together at a festival, we talk instead of listen to music. But that's okay. It was worth it.
There a dozen or more deep thoughts running through my brain today, but I haven't talked them out with anyone so I shall wait to write about them. But if you are reading this, you could certainly pray for me in that regard. Gotta figure out a great many things.
Also, I haven't experienced this much peace in quite some time. Gotta love God's timing.
God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts