Not counting on it.

It's the end of April.

People keep counting down to the end of the school year and I understand that they are excited, but can we just take a moment to think about what that actually means?

Yes. The school year is nearly over. True, we have a full summer ahead of us. And let's not forget the workload that is about to end for a short while or, in some cases, end completely.

But still. The school year is nearly over and with its departure enters a full summer away from people we've bonded with for nearly a full year now. That workload is ending, but so is the time we spent with other people while doing it. I am not sure if I can count down to that.

Don't get me wrong. Summer is going to be flippin' awesome. Nevertheless, the family I have built here will never look the same after this semester. I know change is often good, but it might take a little longer to adjust to this one. 3South will be no more. Class of 2014 will be gone. Class of 2018 will be preparing to arrive.

I'm not counting down because I'm not ready to acknowledge reality. I'm struggling to smile at the plans being made for next year because I had just fallen back in love with the ones we made for this year.

I like to play the vague game in these posts. Sorry if that irritates.

If you could hold my hands for a little longer, guys, that would be great.

God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts