(UPDATE) Fight for Martin.

So it has come to my attention that my previous post may have been a little too unclear about what you as readers can do to help fight for the writing major and Dr. Martin. My apologies! Let me clear that up, as well as give you some new information I received yesterday.

We have a brief time to collect signatures and words from all of you, so please send any written statements about why the writing major/Dr. Martin are needed at Northwestern as well as personal testimonials about how one or both have influenced your life to justine.johnson@nwciowa.edu or nicole.montgomery@nwciowa.edu. If you are friends with one of us on Facebook, sending us a personal message there would also work.

Additionally, please consider giving us permission to put your name in the list of signatures at the end of the document. You can either include that in your message to us, or you can just comment here/on Facebook or Twitter/in a separate message (if you don't want to write a paragraph).

Now for more details.

I was informed yesterday that the Board of Trustees will be making their final decision on November 11, but we have until November 5 to send in our letter. If you would like to send your own letter, send it to the Board of Trustees c/o Marty Guthmiller (guthmilm@ochealthsystem.org) no later than November 5.

Time is running short, so please consider giving us your name to put on the letter! Even if you are not a Northwestern student currently, you can still voice your support. Parents and other family members/loved ones of Northwestern students, if you feel strongly about the English department here, please join us in fighting for the Writing and Rhetoric major and for Dr. Sam Martin.

I appreciate all of you and the response so far. People care about English. Let's tell the Board of Trustees.

#fightforMartin

Comments

  1. Just sent you an email. Losing Dr. Martin would be extremely foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an alum I can't do too much student-wise. But I believe I will be sending my two cents [literally and figuratively] in a donation envelope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts