Burning questions about my life? Look here.

Over the past few weeks, I have been dreading and anticipating the post I am sitting down to write at this moment. I have known it was coming for, well, pretty much the entire school year. But I wasn't ready to write it. So here we are...it's a week and a day before my college graduation, and the time has come to talk about plans.

Gross, right?

First of all, let me say that senior year at Northwestern has been beautiful. I've had four lovely ladies to call roommates for at least a semester, fantastic growing experiences as an artist and as a student, and many wonderful moments of "Wow, how did I ever deserve this?" Transitioning out of dorm life and into a plex with closer relationships to a smaller group of people taught me a great deal about myself as a friend as well as an introvert. Tutoring for Dr. Lundberg both semesters has been a joy and an honor, and it's shown me how much I really do enjoy helping others improve their writing. These experiences, among so many others, have led me up to my last day of classes at Northwestern. To today.

Now for the summer...the reason I have been holding off on talking about my plans. I have obtained a full-time position as a publisher for Best Version Media in Ames, Iowa; it's not an easy job to explain (http://www.bestversionmedia.com) so feel free to check out their website and click around to better understand what I will be doing. I am still pretty unsure about what my job will look like as a whole, but my day to day work life will involve making phone calls to businesses in Ames to ask them if they would like to partner with Best Version Media to help boost their advertising. From there, I'll set up meetings with someone in the business so we can talk face to face and hopefully sign a contract. Again, I am still pretty uncertain...a lot of this will be cleared up after I attend training.

That's the second order of business, actually. My mother and my brother are graciously traveling with me to Texas for that training in a couple of weeks. It'll be a whirlwind trip (as fast as driving 9.5 hours can be) and I'll be back before I know it to help prepare for Natalie's high school graduation (AH! :D).

I'll be living with Julia in Ames from early June until she goes back to start her senior year in August, and I am pretty pumped to think about how close we will be to both her immediate family and my Ames extended family. Thanks to my amazing parents, I will still have a place to crash in Gravity if I need a weekend away from my work space (which I know I will!), so to my friends in SW Iowa, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message if you want to chat sometime!

And now to address the burning question in some of your minds--what about camp? The closer I get to graduating, the more my heart longs to be at Haven again. Unfortunately, I can't work a full time job and be in Wyoming at the same time. My dear camp staff friends, you will be sorely missed and I am sure there will be days that I send you a text because I really wish I was doing dishes with you. But I will have good Internet if you want to connect on the weekends, and maybe God will surprise me with a week I wasn't expecting and camp will fit somewhere. If that doesn't happen, please know I am going to be praying all year for a way to come back in 2017.

Please send me a message if you have thoughts or questions about any of this. I would love to talk about my year or my summer in more detail...just not in this space yet. :)

You're all beautiful people. Thank you for reading sporadic updates from a pretty weird college student over the last four years. And thank you for the prayers and the support...some of you have been reading this blog since I was an angsty teenager (I'm so sorry).

Comments

  1. I miss your angsty teen posts ;) OK...maybe not. But, indeed...they were a part of your life and all those things God has used to shape you into THIS young lady! Excited to see what God does in you and through you during this next year ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts