Frito Lay Part 2

This morning, I woke up at the typical Sunday morning time...6:30. I looked out the window, saw snow on the roads, and glanced through my door to check the bathroom. Empty. Mom wasn't getting ready for church. I knew it...we were snowed in. I sank back on the pillow, trying to sleep. No such luck. For two hours, I lay there moping. Eventually I got up and looked out the window again. The road grater came by right about them. I couldn't help crying a little. I hate being stuck at home on Sunday. It rarely happens, but I hadn't seen certain people there in about three weeks.
I walked downstairs and looked out the back window. I noticed some larger tracks, but that didn't seem too unusual. I went and took a shower...crying over the double blow (missing church and my puppy was still missing). Just as I was calming down, my sister knocked on the door and said in an excited voice, "Justine! Frito's back!"
I felt kinda weak in the knees for a few seconds. "Are you serious?" "YEAH!" she insisted, and left. For about a minute after that, I stood there and sobbed "Thank You, thank You, thank You!" Suddenly missing church wasn't as hard. I rushed downstairs and went outside with wet hair to see my puppy. He was unbelievably stinky, but for once that didn't matter.
So, yeah. Today was extremely bittersweet...heavy on the sweet! :)

Comments

Popular Posts