...and the curtain drops!

Such an unusual week. Some days have been great, some have been rather cruddy. Some involved struggles with old habits, and others involved long hours of nothing too interesting.
So tomorrow marks the last day of class in my freshman fall semester at Northwestern College. I know...seems like it couldn't have been even close to that long. Or maybe for you, it feels like forever since I packed up half of my belongings and moved four hours away. Guess it depends on who you are, how you know me, and how closely we have been staying in contact since I started school.Or maybe you know me from school. In that case, how long have you put up with my Star Wars obsession, my love of cheese and the color red, my often-voiced thoughts, and my slightly quirky writer's instinct?
Today in Publishing class we discussed the past semester and what kind of progress we have made as writers for Cardboard. It was a grand old time at the coffee shop that my professor owns and runs...one last staff meeting of six around cups of hot chocolate. Out of the five classes that I have taken at Northwestern so far, I will miss this one far more than any of the others. The friendships that I have built with that wonderfully-talented group of writers could not be replaced. The experience I have gained with magazine writing and publishing is very valuable to me as well.
I am anticipating so many things for next semester...most of them cannot be mentioned quite yet, but I will say that I will not have a roommate next semester. While I hate being alone for long periods of time and I could definitely use the company for accountability--especially for homework--I am getting used to the idea. I think that having a roommate my first semester along with a wing full of amazing women has been hugely helpful for me. Now I am ready to see what God is going to do with me as I prepare to room alone for the second semester. I'm guessing that I will be more than ready to share a room next fall, but only God knows what is in store. I am so very excited for Him to reveal His plans to me. :)
Finals week starts next Monday! T'is going to be a long weekend...but not long enough, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts