I Miss It...

I went to Christmas Vespers tonight. It was beautiful...it was wonderfully-done. It was also not the same to sit in a pew and hear the music rather than sing it. I found myself aching to sing my part during the Christmas carols, but not feeling the confidence to do so whole-heartedly without being surrounded by people whom I have sung with in front of a couple hundred people.
Trust me, these people were amazing. I enjoyed all of it immensely. But after singing with people once or twice a year for 6 years in a row, you become rather attached to the sound of those voices. So I hope you'll forgive me for saying (with quite a bias) that my choir is ten times better.
So as I sit here in the 3rd floor hallway listening to Travis Cottrell as a rather crummy replacement of the songs that my choir has sung, my voice longs to sing with my siblings...with my parents...with my church family--at the top of my lungs on a riser with sore feet and bass singers booming directly behind my head. If not that...just to sing with people here on campus. It feels as if no one on my wing--with the exception of about three--has the desire to sing in harmony at all. I miss it so much. So very much. Ah, to sing alto with a soprano beside me...that would be lovely.

Comments

  1. Having Travis Cottrell be called a crummy replacement for us.... Quite the complement! For what its worth, I miss looking over while playing and counting all the Johnsons in the choir. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure...I miss being one of the counted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts