One Day at a Time

Well, break ended today...also, I turned 19. I find it rather fitting that I am trying to start over again on the anniversary of my birth.
The sharp pain inside of me has been lulled to a dull ache. It gradually grows a bit more calloused every day, and quite honestly that is a relief. I know it won't be gone for a long time...but I really needed this new beginning to be a bit easier. I had a talk with Connie on Sunday that was very comforting--nothing very new was established in my mind, but it felt so good to talk with someone who sees right through me just by looking me in the eyes. The time spent with just Ella was good as well--we had a couple of late night talks that helped to heal me a little bit.
I can't believe that I only have two months left in my freshman year. It's crazy and scary at the same time. At this point, I wish summer was a million days away. One day at a time...
God is so amazing. I can't freaking express that enough. The things that I have learned about myself in the past month completely blow me away. My prayer is that the next month or two is hopefully less painful and much more helpful spiritually and emotionally.
Pretty rare that I don't have much to say, huh? Cling to Jesus today, kids. I have learned the hard way that He is the only One who can stabilize your life. Oh, and He also happens to save your tears. How cool is that?

Comments

  1. I went through a pretty painful four years--despite the smiles. And, I would go through it again in a heartbeat. What I have learned and how I have grown Spiritually and emotionally is incredible--and worth every ounce of pain. Refiners fire. It burns, but it refines. Praying for you. If you ever need to chat, you know where I am. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So grateful for you, Heather. I don't know what tomorrow looks like, but I do know this: I am not the same person that I was in August. And that is a very good thing. I learn the hard way...glad God is willing to stick it out with me.
      I will keep that in mind, as always...
      I love you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts