Just catching up.

It has now been exactly 3 weeks since I completed my finals, packed up the van, and came home. I finished the year well, I'll give myself that. There were some hiccups in the last couple of days at NWC, but that was nothing compared to after I got home.
Up until the beginning of this week, I have been on the move constantly. I have no clue why I was afraid of boredom at home. First came the grad parties--a good number of my youth group friends were seniors this year. I think I would have been pretty broken up about them leaving if I was still around...but as it is, I am simply very proud of them.
Amidst and after the parties, my siblings and I were hanging out with Angelica and Jordan quite a bit. Since I have been home, we've gone to see 3 movies (a record coming from the girl who used to see 3 a year) and spent a good deal of time in Kmart and ShopKo.
Megan, Natalie, and I went shopping in Maryville last Monday. If that doesn't say how far I've come in a year, then nothing does. ;) We spent over 3 hours searching for outfits to wear to Michael's graduation. Well, actually, we were searching for a dress that I could wear. That was a challenge which I could not quite face at this point in my life. But that's another post for another time, which Natalie and I discovered via a late night discussion.
The most important thing to mention in this post is that I will be moving to Wyoming to work at summer camp. I'm leaving on Sunday and won't be back until early August. Not sure what that will mean for this blog, for Cardboard, or for my contact with friends and family for the next couple of months, but I am so excited! Prayers would be appreciated as I work with the farm animals and interact with campers, staff members, and anyone who happens to come into my path on the weekends.
God is my Rock. I will be working at Haven on the Rock this summer. His perfect plan will continue to fall into place.

Comments

Popular Posts