Crazy how a summer changes your perspective.

First day of classes--check.
I woke up at 8 this morning rather than 7:20 (what I did most of last year) so that Brianne and I could start out year out by eating together. I am so blessed to have a roommate who actually cares about me and wants to spend time with me.
Another new concept is that most of 3S eats together on a regular basis. I'm not used to this...but I really like it. I also love our freshmen on the wing--they're super! They are also far more open about their insecurities surrounding classes than I ever was last year. Good for them.
Despite the large writing workload for the first half of this semester, I am not too concerned about how I am going to hold up this year. I talked to my adviser/prof for my Publishing class and found out that we do indeed have 5 people registered...which means that I will have writers for my year as editor! I mentally wiped my brow and walked away from the conversation thanking God that I will not be working alone on Cardboard. No matter how many times I say out loud that "I am an editor of a magazine," I still am not able to grasp that concept completely. It may very well be my last year doing it, but the experience has been crazily awesome.
I want this year to be one of stronger relationships, not just new ones. I'm praying about how to prioritize my time quite a bit differently than last semester, and that might mean focusing my main attention on slightly different circles than before. It's a rough thought to acknowledge so far, but God will move as He sees fit and that is enough for me. That's certainly something that He taught me at camp this summer.
I mean, look at the scheduling of camp itself! I can see now that my choice not to apply for O-Staff last spring was for a very, very good reason (I would have left camp early). Some of the lessons I learned from camp didn't actually sink in until the final days there...after the kids had left, really.
I always ramble in these posts. Oof. Sorry. God is good, everybody.
God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts