Lessons Learned While Snowed In and Such...

I am snowed in. The snow is gorgeous, but I really don't like being stuck in one place. If you know me very well, you would realize that I can't sit still for long, and being cooped up is as bad for me as stubbing my toe over and over.
This Friday Michael and I get to go to a super awesome concert. I am pumped! I get to spend my best friends' birthday with her at the concert...so it's like I am getting a present too. :)
I have gotten to see my friends the Masilko's three times in a month. I am loving it! Megan is 13, and Eli is 9. When I'm with them, I completely cut loose with the goofiness. I act about 6 or 7 (what a contrast to my previous post!) and giggle my head off. On the other hand, Megan and Eli are very innocent and look up to me and my siblings a lot. This makes me more aware of what I say and how I act around them. To them, I am hardly worldly at all. But to be honest, I feel a bit restrained around them. I don't say certain things...I don't talk about entire subjects! I am attracted to boys...both of them think that is gross. So I keep my mouth shut. It is certainly a growing experience for me. I am learning self control over my tongue. Hm, that isn't all bad! :)

Comments

Popular Posts