Sharing the Love

This last weekend, I got to go up to Clarion, Iowa for Herrington family birthdays. I got to meet some of my cousin Jenna's friends when I went with her to play practice, and I really enjoyed that. Her brother Jon's fiancee was there, and I was so excited to see Lynette after not seeing her in several months. They are getting married in a little over a month, and I can't wait to have another cousin!! :)
One person who wasn't there was my Great Uncle Jack. He has had lung cancer for about a year, and in November they gave him 3 to 6 months to live. He isn't saved and shows no interest in a relationship with God. While my mom and her sisters were talking to my grandpa about how his brother was handling everything, my heart was aching for Grandpa Ron and Grandma Marge. They have taken responsibility for Uncle Jack even when Grandpa's twin brother neglects his own duty towards my uncle.
This Valentine's Day is most likely my uncle's last one. He lost his wife years ago...I can barely remember her funeral. He has been a lonely man ever since and has not felt how wonderful it is to be loved unconditionally by a heavenly Father. I can't imagine not caring where I go when I die.
So today, instead of focusing just on my own lack of love life, I want to spread my love to as many people as possible. Even people who are dying of cancer should feel the love of Christ through us. Don't EVER forget that! Never merely bask in His love and forgiveness...share it.
Happy Valentine's Day.

Comments

Popular Posts