Foggy Passion

This week I started my Senior Year. It is very bittersweet for me...on one hand, I can't wait to be done with school. But on the other hand, I don't want it to end. Gone will be my days of youth group and Sunday School with Connie. No longer will I be allowed to fall into the easy routine of going outside and having pretend light saber fights with my siblings simply because we're bored.
The past couple of months have been a huge spiritual growth time for me, but it has also brought doubts about my future. I have known for several years that I want to write, but when I sit down and try to put something on paper, I seem unable to bring much forth that isn't a forced piece of prose.
I have absolutely no clue what I will do with my life, to be honest. My passion is writing, and I am told that I have a God-given gift. If only I could harness that into reality rather than a fantasy about my dream life. Nothing else truly interests me. Apparently one of my strong points is in the clerical field. I would rather do almost anything else.
I realize that in the end, God is going to show me what He wants me to do with my life. I know I have about two years before I actually go to Grace University and do something! But I have always hated fog in my life. I think that's what it is. I have a feeling that God is trying to get me to accept the fog for what it is. Okay God...just keep the Lighthouse within sight.

Comments

  1. Love reading your blogs! They inspire me, challenge me and remind me of why I love 'youth' so much!!

    Thank you for sharing your heart and being so transparent.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be blogging! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts