Newness


The past couple of weeks have been a huge change for me. The big difference is that I have a friend my own age who got really close, heard my story, and is still hanging out with me! Marci Greig...I went on the missions trip with her, and we have been talking ever since!
We carpooled to Compass on the return trips, had her over to watch movies, did VBS together, talked at church, went head-to-head in the Challenge, and stayed at her house when a storm kept us from getting home. I have talked to her about my darkest secrets, and she is now my accountability partner of some sort.
We are so different, but God has still brought us together. Every time we hang out, I learn something new. She loves heavy metal, and love anything BUT that! She has a very indie style of dressing...I would rather wear jeans and a t-shirt. She likes horror movies...I can't watch them without nightmares.
On the other hand, we share so much in common. We both love God and want to serve him, we both are sarcastic, enjoy corny jokes, and say the word 'fantastic' a lot. (actually she taught me to do that!;) Both of us love writing and reading constantly...we both want real hugs not 'fake' ones. We both love Star Wars and have acquired nicknames from the movies. :D
Marci has taught me a lot about trust, dealing with anger and temptation, and being okay with who I am. I love her so much, and I thank God at least once a day that He put her in my life. I don't know what I'd do without her!!
I love you, Miss Marci Greig!

Comments

Popular Posts