A Year Later...

For people who knew me very well in 2006, I just hit a huge milestone in my life. That was the year when my long, painful growing experience began. It hasn't ended...only become less painful. It was the year that I became friends with a beautiful person...and abused that friendship to the point of breaking it completely in 2008. 2009 was a miserable year for me. The tension between me and this girl was like an actual wall.
If you know me well enough, you would insert the name "Victoria". I'm gonna be brutally honest...I only put her name in because of the happy ending.
In 2010...a year ago this week...she let us wipe the slate clean. Forgiveness. Something that I had thought was never possible in our friendship. The peace and healing that came from that five minute conversation has been incredible...but true. The trust that I have been able to build up has been beyond my wildest dreams. My heart smiles when I think that on the 14th...the one year mark of an entry of my journal (talking about it), we played Gargoyles together...just like five years ago, we would have been playing dodgeball.
Yeah, I'm sentimental. But because of this, I was freed from bondage that was keeping me from making friends. One of my mentors (without knowing what this week means to me) told me yesterday, "It's amazing what a year can do." Amen. God, you are good. Thank You for freeing me!

Comments

Popular Posts