Friendships and Making an Effort

God has been so amazing this past week. This doesn't mean that He isn't always amazing--duh...He created the universe. But His works have been so much more evident in my life recently. I'm positive it is due to my willingness for it to happen.
When I first started classes, all I could really think about was how different things would be. For the first time in my life, I have homework...I know, sounds unbearable. (sense my sarcasm there?) I guess when you grow up doing all of your schoolwork until it is finished rather than taking it back to a room and working on it for a couple of days, it is a bit of an adjustment.
But the truly wondrous thing has been the friendships. It feels as if I have been here for months, but in reality it has been 8 days since I moved in and 6 days since I met the returning students. Gotta tell ya, some of the closest friendships I have made so far have been with upperclassmen. I got to have a talk with my R.A., Hannah, yesterday. I hadn't opened up that much that quickly...well, ever. Yet it felt safe and right to be doing it. Being transparent has never been hard for me; opening up in person has never been my favorite, though.
The girls who live next door to me have been such a blessing so far...from the first night that they were there, Kali and Samantha have stopped by to chat or invite Lisa and I to do things with them. Kali reminds me so much of Marci...only God knew how very much I had needed someone like that in my life at this point. Even I hadn't realized just how much of me had left with Marci when I said goodbye to her a month ago.
Speaking of my best friend, Marci just moved to Northcentral yesterday! I was so excited to talk with her on the phone a couple of nights ago and explain the ins and outs of homesickness and college classes/homework. For the first time in our friendship, I was the one to jump into a new adventure before her. It felt kinda odd, but I like it. Finally, I got to tell her that everything would be okay.
My time in the Word has been so much more fulfilling since I started doing Seven Checkpoints again. It had been two years since I had done it in Sunday School...my, how much I have grown in Christ since then. So very grateful for His grace and forgiveness in my life...
Keep making en effort in your walk with Him this coming week...you will be blessed more than you can imagine.

Comments

  1. Cannot begin to tell you how happy this post makes my heart. If you cannot see how much you have grown over the past couple of years--you aren't looking! God has prepared you perfectly for these moments. What a privilege it is to watch. I miss you terribly, but wouldn't want you back right now for anything!

    Continuing to pray for you as you adjust and move outside of your comfort zone.

    Love and BIG HUGS!
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad. :) Much as I miss you as well...there is a part of me that is dreading midterm! :P My roommate is going home until Sunday after classes today. It'll be pretty lonely in my room!
    Thanks...I love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts