Rounding the Bend

Whoaaaa, life has been nuts-o for the past month and a half! VBS, Art and Music Camp, cousins coming and going, Marci living in Estherville and coming to visit a couple of times...yeah. Crazy. So much has gone down that made me smile--and also some things that made me cry.
VBS and Art and Music Camp were kind of my 'Compass fix' for the year, since we haven't had time to go back (sad day). After one of my students at the camp attempted suicide, it really reminded me of the value of every single day spent with these kids.
God's grace and mercy have been evident in several other situations as well. I had been planning on going shopping with my mentor, who knows me better than pretty much everyone. Six years of being annoyed by/counselling me through preteen and teen problems, and Aunt Julie is STILL willing to associate with me! ha :) A family emergency came up, and we had to postpone the date. I was crushed, but in the end, God was simply teaching me patience and encouraging me to have faith in His plan. On the 29th of July, I started three of the most enjoyable yet exhausting days of my life so far. We went shopping ALL day on the 30th, and the next day I got my hair cut. If I hadn't been close to Aunt Julie already, last weekend would have done it. I loved it so much...to be honest, I really did not want to go home at all. Tuesday morning when she drove me to church so I could go home, Aunt Julie talked to me a lot about college and trusting God's plan for my life. I found myself wishing for more time and longing for more talks like that one. I'm going to miss her so much when I leave in a couple of weeks...
Another huge thing was saying goodbye to Marci until perhaps Thanksgiving. My heart was filled with a dull ache for days afterwards. I won't go into detail because it wasn't anything overly exciting, but I will say this: I have found such a kindred spirit in Marci--and I miss her a ton.
I move in to my dorm room on the 17th! Crazy how close it is to happening now. So many things haven't been done yet...again, God is faithful and I will be prepared with His help. Please be praying for me this year--unlike a lot of people, I haven't been in a public school atmosphere, so I have no experience in a formal classroom to fall back on. God is good...read your Bible this week!

Comments

Popular Posts