Holding On To Jesus

I was going to post about a week ago, and ran out of time. Here's the deal: I am in college now. FREAKING COLLEGE! Can you believe that? From meals in the awesome new caf to walking endless steps to get from one part of campus to another (every few hours or so) to writing a Call Me Maybe parody with my awesome friends: Allison, Sarah (aka Jimmy), and Catherine (aka Lisa). It is so crazy that I am telling you this now, but I am.
God has really been a help to me in my darkest moments this week. I went from being super pumped and not at all nervous or scared to crying myself to sleep on the second night because I knew that I wouldn't be seeing my church friends and mentors the next morning...or at all, for that matter, until mid October. Yesterday was pretty good...being Sunday, I felt rather emotional and depressed about the change in church, but God came through as usual by leading me to meet a married couple that work in the Theater department and got to the Alliance church in town. My heart soared at the thought of having something I was familiar with in this sea of newness. Then came today. After supper, boredom kicked in as my friends were all busy or far away on the other side of campus. I wasted a ton of time online, not really doing anything except sighing repeatedly to myself and aching for some time and a hug from someone...ANYONE...back home. I am still in a bit of a funk...even after meeting a couple of returning students who live next door to me and laughing my head off with them in their room whilst eating half-frozen cucumbers.
Yes, God has been amazing to me. Even though the music is tamer and the worship is led differently, He is still moving. It was so cool to hear It Is Well sung accapella in harmony with over 600 people singing. I am so grateful to my Savior for leading me here...the friendships I have already made show me that it is going to be great socially and tomorrow I will experience the academic side of it.
So...as school really kicks off this week, keep holding onto Jesus and trust Him to keep you secure. Even when you are tottering on the edge of insanity, He will hold you by your belt and never let you go.

Comments

Popular Posts