Confessing


"And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
Have you ever had a day where it felt as if all you did was have major breakthroughs? If you haven't, then I can honestly say that I am sorry for you.
I suppose it was around a week ago that Ella and I walked to the Hub with Jessica to eat supper and ended up having a long discussion about some issues in our lives that were deeply personal. I had thought (in a similar fashion as before) that my conflict had been resolved quite nicely before that night, but I was wrong. It began slowly, but all of the sudden I was unloading my most painful secret to them. It was easier than it had been in the past to simply say it without writing things down first. This was only the beginning of one of the best nights in my life.
After we got back to the dorms, Ella and I continued to talk. We found out that we shared similar struggles, and that forged a bond between us which cannot be broken. I had not allowed myself to dream of finding someone who could relate to my struggle--I had felt quite alone until that night. We bought ice cream and talked more until the Hub was closing and we had to go back. By this point, we had resolved that we needed to chat with our R.D. about the situation so that we could find a healthy way to deal with our struggle.
This is where the story personally feels the coolest. Hannah-One came into Ella's room (groggy, but present) and we talked until about 1 AM. Obviously I am not going to say what we discussed, but it was very powerful to confess our fears and doubts to each other so openly. Before going to bed, Hannah-One prayed with us and gave us a hug (we actually ganged up on her and gave her a group hug as well). Ella and I talked one more time until almost 1:30, and then we finally fell into our beds, exhausted but at peace.
I'm sorry I have to be so vague, but even with the lack of detail, I feel as if you can still understand the joy that I am experiencing. Every single day since then, Ella and I have spent quite a bit of time together--studying, giggling, talking, and eating. I have loved every minute of it...and I love her a great deal. :)
I have been here at Northwestern for almost a month and a week. I can't believe it has been that long already! God has blessed me so much...I am grateful beyond words--and that takes a lot for me! ;)
Confess your doubts to God out loud this week. The power of speaking aloud is past comprehension.

Comments

Popular Posts