Dancing My Way Around

What a crazy weekend. My roommate left on Thursday to visit her family, and I didn't see her until after Praise and Worship tonight. It got pretty lonely in there all by myself, but I spent a lot of time with other people to make up for it. So here goes the update. :)
Thursday was pretty uneventful...it was Friday that things got kinda ca-ray-zay! :) There was a campus-wide hoedown that evening which involved food, dressing up all Western-like, and...get ready...dancing. *shudders* If you know me very well at all, you are aware that I am SO not comfortable with dancing. It's not that I am SO terrible at it. I have rhythm...I love music. Those two factors do help quite a bit. However, it is pretty much in the top five things that I really hate doing.
Honestly, I would love to be comfortable dancing. Sure, it is a great way to bond with people and have a great time. The problem is that the thought of grooving out makes me squirm to no end. I hear the word 'dance' and I think, "Not.happening."
Where was I going with this? Oh yes. Before the bunny trail rant...I was saying that dancing is not my thing. Anywho, pretty much half of my wing told me that I WOULD be dancing...just for a little while. Gotta say, I was dreading it with every ounce of my being. I mean...the last time that I square danced was when I was in Homeschool Exchange at age 10...and I had no choice in the matter. Line dancing was an even more frightening thought! I had done it in youth group a couple years back, and my group was the last one to succeed at it enough to move on to the next activity.
I am rambling again. Sorry...hard not to when I'm on this topic. Ha--moving on. That 'little while' turned into over an hour of spinning and walking and trotting and more spinning and side-stepping and more spinning...did I mention I kept turning in a circular fashion? Yelp, I did. My inner ear infection started flaring up pretty badly and I finally was able to pull myself out of the group and sit down to let my whirling head settle down.
Why did I even talk about this? I'll tell you one thing: it isn't actually to complain. Here's the deal: much as I hated the dancing part, I LOVED hanging out with some of the people from my wing. Ella was my dance partner pretty much the whole time...and both of us were pretty terrible in a hilarious way. Plus afterwards some of us went to The Hub and got ice cream and talked about really WEIRD things. :) Despite being WAY out of my comfort zone...I am told that I did pretty well. I guess I wasn't quite as bad at dancing as I thought. That felt kinda good when they told me that...even though I didn't want to hear any of it. It just solidified my thoughts about how much I love my Steggy girls. :)
On a side note...I am continuing to heal from struggles that I alluded to in the past two posts. Thanks to O-Hannah and the grace of God...I'm gonna make it. :)
Kati, my O-Hannah, and me :))
That was such a rambling post...oh well. God is so got.

Comments

  1. Proud of you, girl! Maybe I can join you in the future?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Mom--I don't really have the desire to do it again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts