Finally Speaking Out

Well, it is nearing the end of Week 1 in Wyoming. God has been doing some amazing things, so I won't chit chat anymore!
So many unbelievable friendships here...I have no clue where to begin when describing my love for these people. There are about 25 of us here right now, and more will be coming in throughout the summer. Team building exercises did help the process of friendship along, but I think we would have done it on our own as well.
I think the hugest thing so far is that I talked about my Tourette's when I shared my testimony two nights ago. Without God right there to hold me up, I would never have been so open about such a difficult topic. I prayed beforehand for His words to be in my mouth, and I believe fully that He answered my prayer. I paired it with the story of my journey in learning to love myself--a journey that continues to keep me humble.
After campfire and testimonies were finished, I had a wonderful conversation with one of the guys here. He shared part of his story with me, and I am truly honored that we had the trust in our friendship to be so open and honest with each other. He told me, "I don't want you to hate yourself. God made you perfect just the way you are." I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. Sometimes being reminded of the truth by someone else is far better than knowing it and telling yourself the exact same words.
Our group is learning how to build a proper team (mostly through trial and error exercises that Adam gives us) slowly but surely. If I were to describe all that we are doing here, this post would be pages long. So I will end it here for now.
God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts