To love.

To love is to serve selflessly.
If I have learned anything about myself this past week, it has been that I love serving other people. I seriously do not mind if I am alone in the dish room after a meal...it gives me some Jesus time on top of being able to help everyone else out. Spending time in the barn with my growing mental list of chores and hungry animals for company is just fine with me...it gives me a chance to talk out my thoughts without having to make sense.
To love is to accept a second chance with the eagerness of a two year old.
After such a painful second semester, my time here in Wyoming has been healing as well as educational. I mean, a torn muscle can only heal properly if it is stretched. This old heart muscle of mine was pretty beat up...time to give it some action. I've learned boundaries for my love; now I want to give it to people abundantly.
Another second chance is one that I try not to talk about often--the first camp experience. That is a memory I attempt to forget on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean other kids should have a rotten time at camp. This summer is my chance to make at least one kid's life totally awesome by being Jesus to them. No bullying on my watch.
To love is to be known.
I've opened up about my Tourette's, I've shared parts of my story (not all of it like I have before) with various people, and I've been blessed by the testimonies of my fellow staff members. Although I struggled to accept that I had done right in sharing my story around the campfire, I have now realized that God did indeed speak through me rather than allowing my tic-frenzied brain to wander endlessly. My Jesus always wins.
I cannot describe to you the awesomeness of my God. Can we just talk about that for a minute? When I was celebrating my graduation from high school a year ago, He was there, grinning bigger than the sun. When I was curled up in a ball on the floor of my dorm room at 4 AM, He was holding me as I sobbed uncontrollably and He was catching every tear in a bottle. And He is here with me now, sitting in the staff lounge as I type this post. Nothing I say can come close to matching the glory of my King.
This is a summer of serving.This is a summer of healing. This is a summer of loving.
God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

  1. I'm so thankful God gave you this opportunity! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts