Better Week

Well, another week of camp has ended. This one was 3rd and 4th grade, and I enjoyed it far more than the others. They've always been my favorite age group.
On top of that, I felt better emotionally than I have during the previous weeks. I think Monday night during chapel was the only time that I truly fell into an emotional rut. I am guessing that the difference was made by my daily journal entries--sometimes two or three throughout out the day. I balanced venting and simply thinking things out with prayer and adoration. I've never really done that on a regular basis before...I wouldn't call it a prayer journal, but it certainly helps my thought process.
There was quite a bit of emotional and spiritual stress spread throughout the staff this week--more than the weeks before. I think we united pretty well to help bear each others' burdens. I am leaving this week behind with ten times more respect for at least five of my fellow staff.
God has been so good to me this year, but the time since June 2nd has been the best of all. This is a short entry because I want to leave my laptop behind and go spend time with people. I really love Jesus. I really love people.

Comments

Popular Posts