Started out deep...then I got super giddy

When sitting in a room filled with couches and fellow staff, air-conditioned by a window unit and avoiding the humid downstairs quarters; when watching cheesy movies and allowing the hours to slip by marked only by hungry stomachs to be filled with warm pizza, life feels good. Also, it took me over an hour to write that sentence due to said distractions. Figures.
Well, vacation came and went with the best of times with Ella and her parents. God showed me a lot of things when I chose to read through my old journal entries in my black notebook. Especially the entry about the book of Hebrews. Ask me about it sometime.
Have I mentioned how good God has been to me this month? Most likely not enough at all. My heart should be aching crazily right now, but my Jesus is holding it close. I'm spending the summer with amazing people who are helping me to heal little by little. None of them know even half of my story...and that's okay. I'm getting a second chance at loving people selflessly. Usually, I fail at it; I'm still allowed to do that and it is great. My life is AWESOME. Also, I am in a really strange mood right now. If you couldn't tell.
What can I say? I'm almost giddy with joy right now. I should be crying...I should be frustrated with the confusion in my brain these past couple of weeks. I'm wiggling in this comfy chair, I'm so giddy. I guess that's how Jesus rolls. As soon as you let go of what has burdened you, He picks you up and spins you around till you are so dizzy that all you can do is cling to His hand. 
I asked Ella a couple of nights ago why I always speak in analogies. "You're a writer...that's what you do," she said. But at times like this...they just kinda spill out of my brain. And it's crazy. You know what else is crazy? My thought process in general right now. I'm sitting here, typing a blog post that has been in the making for 4 hours now. I'm talking in group chat on Facebook with my siblings and laughing hysterically (inwardly, of course) at the weirdness that is Johnson Kids Cubed. I am crazy blessed. Also, I need a new word. I've used "crazy" far too much.
On a side note, I am so excited to be neighbors with some lovely ladies starting in August. Yet another reason to be giddy--another year in Steggy with Hannah McBride at the helm and a fresh perspective under my belt. Jesus is just amazing and He blesses me, you guys.
Hope this post makes someone smile. My God is so flippin' amazing. AH!

Comments

Popular Posts