Slow Down

Thanksgiving break. Well, that was lovely...and slightly too long. I loved it, but the lack of consistent schedule was driving me crazy. Every time I mention that to someone, they look at me like I am crazy. Why? Oh yeah. I'm an extrovert in a wing full of introverts. They loved being able to have down time. I thrive on busyness. In high school when we would have a church choir holiday production, everyone would be exhausted after it was over; everyone except for me. I was the weird one who would silently wish for five more performances, just so that I could sing with people and spend time doing things.
On that note, I think God is probably trying to slow me down by placing me where He did in Steggy. Most of my extroverted friends are on other wings with at least a couple of other extroverts. Then there's me. Most of my friends on the wing are introverts...leaving me as the one who bounces from group to group, searching for that one-on-one time that I crave so much.
Now don't think that I am complaining--it's good for me to be forced into alone time. I don't like it, but it is good for me. :) Honestly, the best writing that I have ever produced has come out of quiet, dark nights downstairs in the living room. I would creep down with a flashlight, a pencil, and a notebook when I couldn't sleep and write until I either got sleepy or ran out of thoughts that actually made any sense at all. I miss those nights. Kinda hard to do that here without leaving my room. Plus I am up at that time already...defeats the purpose.
Can someone please force me to go to bed at a decent time so that sleepless, writing-filled nights are actually possible? That sounds crazy cats, I'm sure, but I am serious! I may not like going to bed at a good time, but at least I could fall back on my trusty notebook and pencil when my brain won't go to sleep. In fact, I should have done that last night. I probably got three hours of sleep...and not even that much rest. Crazy.
Is any of this making sense? I feel as if it isn't. Lately my blog posts have been more organized. This one is appearing scattered to my writer's brain. I don't like disorganization. That's why I like schedules. Oh wait...we've come full circle. Ha, funny how that works. What was I talking about, again? Oh yes. God's trying to slow me down. Probably should start listening to His really obvious signs of that.
Okay, enough rambling. God is amazing. I love Him a whole lot. You should, too.

Comments

Popular Posts