Just Another Sleepless Night

Ugh. Last night wasn't so great. I couldn't sleep at all...and when I did, it was tossing and turning. Right now, me and my sister are sleeping in the downstairs guest room while our room is being painted. The whole experience has been a blast--especially when Michael decided to sleep on the floor downstairs. The three of us sit up and laugh our heads off till very late, then crash and get up at eight the next morning for our favorite tv show. Yes, it has been great fun.
But last night, I needed to be alone. I went into the living room and lay down on the couch for a while. As usual, I had brought my Bible, my story notebook, and my venting notebook. There was a lot of inner struggle last night, and it was definitely spiritual. It was nearly a half an hour before I could open my Bible and my notebook. When I finally did, I came up with this verse. "I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night." Psalm 16:7
Well, that verse was a conk on the head for me. It was telling me that sleepless nights are a chance for my mind to learn things and process them. What a ding dong I am! All this time...complaining about lack of sleep...and really, it should be a blessing! After all, I write most truthfully and powerfully in the dead of night, anyway. Duh!!
I don't know when your best thinking time is, but I advise you to use it. Some of the most-needed slaps in the face came to me when I couldn't sleep. And the Bible doesn't lie, so I guess I'd better pay closer attention! ;)
Have a great day...and remember: "It's in the Book!"

Comments

Popular Posts