Socially Neon

Okay, so I gotta be honest with you. When I find an idea or a concept that I like, I latch on. Anyone who knows me well would tell you that. One concept that I have taken to is "socially neon." Now, you are probably thinking, "She's crazy!" Haha, that is another matter for another day! :)
"Socially neon" is a phrase that my cousin uses to describe people who are just "out-there", if you catch my drift. Everyone knows at least one person like that. You see them in stores, restaurants, and even doctor's offices. One thing about these people is that they are completely oblivious to how unusual and sometimes awkward they are. They make you want to wince in embarrassment for them.
So why is this suddenly the subject of a blog post? Well, I saw a socially neon person this morning. I was at Pamida, and there was a worker there with a few teeth missing in the front, a shirt unbuttoned farther than I'd like to mention, and a gravelly voice. Now, none of that makes her neon. But the walkie talkie that was squawking at her must have had some other person complaining about something...and this lady was talking to it! I tried not to stare...(and glance frequently instead) but it was difficult not to when the lady said "It doesn't matter, Mary!" under her breath. I stifled a giggle--she had never pressed the button to talk.
Probably that is more amusing than socially neon, but how many people do you meet every day who talk to their walkie talkie in public?
Have a good day. :)

Comments

  1. Socially Neon! I LOVE IT! I'm totally latching on to that phrase!!!!! I know a few people like that:) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I know a few as well. ;) Not you, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts